10-3-2013 When Can We Ignore the Shulchan Aruch?
- 1 hr 33 min 18 sec
Venue: YU Israel
- The Satmar Kollel and Leaving Judaism. The Satmar Rav's Final Years, Rebbetzin Faige, R' Moshe Teitelbaum Succeeds His Uncle. Satmar Attitudes and Behavior Change. R' Aharon and R' Zalman Teitelbaum as Possible Successors to R' Moshe. Helicopters.
- Playing in Professional Sports on Shabbat. Loyalty to Rabbinic Laws. Converting a Church into a Shul. Renting a Dance Hall or Conservative Temple Library for High Holy Days Services: R' Moshe Feinstein & R' Yosef Eliyahu Henkin Disagreed. Dershowitz.
- Jerome Mintz. Jacob Cohen Visits R' Shach. Hostility to Chabad. Brief Overview of Agudath Yisroel. R' Mendel Vechter and Family. Examples of Orthodox Versus Orthoprax. R' Chaim Dalfin Visits Kiryas Joel, Town of Palm Tree, and is Welcomed.
- Chassid in Prison. R' Menashe Klein: Mixed Shul Dances and How Strongly the Shul's Rabbi Should Oppose Them. Mixed Seating: A Variety of Opinions and Situations. Torah versus Rabbinic Laws. R' M. Feinstein on Using a Theatre as a Shul on Yom Kippur
- The Satmar-Lubavitch Conflict: 1970s and 1980s. The Extremely Harsh Verbal Attacks and Also the Beard Cutting Attacks by Satmar. The Jacob Cohen Trial. Movement of Satmar Chassidim to Lubavitch: Why Some Moved and Others Who Wanted to Move, Did Not
- Peshuto Shel Mikrah. R' Menashe Klein, Mishneh Halachot: 13:133-4 Meeting the Needs of the Chassid in Prison. MH 4:72: Mixed Synagogue Dances. Using Secular Tunes within Jewish Liturgy. Bet Yosef: The New Biography of R' Ovadia Yosef.