The Satmar Rav. Rav Yoel Teitelbaum's Family and the Early Years Before and After His Birth. Rav Aryeh Katzin Visits the Class.
- 1 hr 50 min 23 sec
Matchmaking on Shabbat. The mitzvah of living in Israel as per Rambam, Ramban, the Sokhotchover Rebbe, and Rav Soloveitchik. The importance of mikvaot for food utensils. The negative influence that deterioration in Torah observance in Germany had on Torah observance in Hungary during the early years of the Satmar Rav. Chadash assur min ha-Torah. Rav Yoel Teitelbaum's parents and family. Heter Meah Rabbanim. How Rav Yoel prepared for duvening. His visit to Jerusalem. The dispute over his appointment as the Rav of the city of Satmar. The role of his wife Alta Faige. Rav Aryeh Katzin and Rav Rakeffet discuss their experiences starting when Rav Rakeffet taught him Torah in Moscow in the early '80s. Ilana Gruda and the other Rav Meir Kahane.
- Slaves Owned by Jews. Torah Reading Using a Chumash as an Aid. Did Rav Soloveitchik Sit for Havdalah? Rav Menashe Klein's Responsum in Mishne Halachot Volume 13, Number 173: Certificates of Authenticity for Those Who Collect Money for Charities
- Satmar Rav: His Parents. Jungreis Family and the Kastner train. R' Moshe Shatzkes. R' Yitzchak Blazer. Satmar Rav Arrives in New York. His Initial Interactions With Various People
- Reading from the Torah in Public with Assistance of a Chumash or by Someone Reading to the Reader Quietly: Mishneh Halachot and Rav Moshe Feinstein. Rav Soloveitchik on Public Reading from the Torah
- Mishneh Halakhot by Rav Menashe Klein: 5:299 and then 12:472: Is it Permissible to Diet? Baseball and R' Shlomo Polachek: The Meitscheter Ilui. Wasting Time. Advanced versus Basic Secular Education. Scientific Jewish Scholarship.
- Rabbi Dr. Aaron Rakeffet-Rothkoff
- Duration: 1 hr 33 min